New product versions pose a definite and regular challenge for the internal IT division and project team. The update of systems in use is considered less of an opportunity and more of a risk; risky by the IT department because of potential infrastructural issues, and risky by the project team due to the potential loss of content.
However, I will explain the need to face this challenge for the Fabasoft eGov-Suite 2012 on account of the examples below, taken from the Landwirtschaftskammer Oberösterreich (Chamber of Agriculture for Upper Austria) and the boroughs in Vorarlberg.
- The import by Drag&Drop has been improved and simplified.
- The context menu and the navigation bar have been aligned with Windows applications and are thus more user friendly.
- Admin users particularly appreciate the fact that columns can now be amended and values copied or deleted.
The boroughs in Vorarlberg also changed over to Fabasoft eGov-Suite in June 2012. In addition to the clear design and improved legibility of the user interface, the project team and borough users appreciated the following improvements:
- Improved Drag & Drop functions and the replace document query for multiple imports
- Filter functions for lists (pivot tables?) and the option to lock columns
- Progress indicator for longer processes
- Integration of the Mindbreeze search interface in the Fabasoft eGov-Suite portal
- Improved traceability of actions and possibility to undo/repeat actions in case of errors
- Multiply query function for validation in the central register of residents
- Categorized selection when creating business objects
But Fabasoft eGov-Suite 2012 has not only proven its practical usefulness; comprehensive tests in the Fabasoft Infrastructure Lab also provided positive test results throughout. In addition to further enhancing system stability, the utilization of new technologies and hardware resources were improved upon and Key Use Cases, such as compiling overviews or file processing, were optimized. Furthermore, the document conversion in parallel leads to a significant reduction in waiting periods for end users and increases the acceptance of the page view and presentation of open workflow activities.
If you are not yet using Fabasoft eGov-Suite 2012 and would like to know more about the benefits of the new product version, there are several possibilities.
You can visit our website www.egov-suite.com and watch the videos under document management, informal collaboration, workflow and case processing (the latter are country specific).
As usual, additional detailed product information is available on the product DVD.
We are happy to answer any questions that you might have.